With the start of a new year and brisk, single digit temperatures for the high today I am thinking about winter fun and ideas for what to put on your calendar for the next few months.
We all know that skiing is a great option and with an exceptional year for snow so far all the Colorado ski resorts are open & available. If downhill skiing is not your thing consider cross country (be prepared for a work out it is harder than you might think). Nordic skiing is also another option (I think I would need a lesson to get the leg bend thing down).
Here are some ideas of things you might not have heard of but fun to either participate in or go and see:
- Budweiser International Show Sculpture - held in Breckenridge from January 21st - 30th.
- X Games in Aspen - held in Aspen January 24 - 27th
- Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival - February 6 - 10th
- Lake City Ice Climbing Festival - held in Lake City February 10th
- Cripple Creek Chain Saw Ice Festival - held in Cripple Creek February 8 - 17th
- Winter Train Trips - multiple locations for various train rides in Colorado
- National Western Stock Show - held in Denver January 8 - 27th
- Denver Restaurant Week - held in Denver February 22 - March 3rd
- Manitou's Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cookoff - held in Manitou Springs March 2nd from 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Monte Vista Crane Festival - held in Monte Vista March 8 - 10th.
- Durango Bluegrass Meltdown - held in Durango April 20 - 22nd.
With so many places to go and things to do the list can get long but I wanted to give you something to start with and build from as you discover what you love to do.
About the Author: Kelly Conner Young, GRI
Kelly is an Associate Broker with The Platinum Group Realtors. She has over 15 years experience in Real Estate in the Colorado Springs and Front Range region of Colorado. She represents buyers and sellers of real estate buying homes, land for sale and mountain property getaways. Specific areas include: Black Forest, Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Divide, Falcon, Downtown, Manitou Springs, Monument, Old Colorado City, Westside, Woodmen Hills and Woodland Park. You can reach her at 719-226-0126 or by clicking "email the author" above.