Small Business Saturday is this weekend, November 28th where shoppers can support their local community and mark off their Christmas gift list. Colorado Springs is especially bustling with local shops, boutiques and specialty stores, perfect for Christmas shopping.
(Photo Courtesy of visitcos.com)
Historic Old Colorado City, just west of Colorado Springs' Downtown, has gone a step further this year to attract shoppers this Saturday with a themed Christmas Stroll. "Discover a charming winter wonderland with Santa Claus, strolling carolers, live music, unique gifts and tasty treats up and down Colorado Avenue." Shops will be open late and advertised to offer seasonal goodies and deals, from sales, and samples to free spiced cider and hot cocoa.
Activities at Bancroft Park:
- Santa's Cabin open from 11:00 am to 4pm.
- Pictures with Santa: $10 for first, $5 for additional photos.
- Frozen characters Elsa and Anna to be spotted at the cabin.
- Opening day of the winter market, continued every weekend to Christmas Eve.
Live music at outdoor park stage:
- Victorian Society Carolers
- Original Dicken’s Carolers
- Pikes Peak Youth Bell Choir
- Old Colorado City Library Carolers
- Jeff Stinson as Elvis, Marilyn Monroe
Be sure to follow the links for specific shop offerings so you can plan your stroll accordingly, and for more information about Old Colorado City or parking and directions.
About the Author: Kelly Conner Young, GRI
Kelly is an Associate Broker with The Platinum Group Realtors. She has over 15 years experience in Real Estate in the Colorado Springs and Front Range region of Colorado. She represents buyers and sellers of real estate buying homes, land for sale and mountain property getaways. Specific areas include: Black Forest, Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Divide, Falcon, Downtown, Manitou Springs, Monument, Old Colorado City, Westside, Woodmen Hills and Woodland Park. You can reach her at 719-226-0126 or by clicking "email the author" above.