Colorado Springs if full of restaurants that serve breakfast/brunch. There is nothing like sleeping in on your day off and heading out for a late breakfast with your family or to meet up with some friends, and lazily enjoy a cup of coffee with your cooked-to-order meal. Here is a quick overview of some of the best, in my opinion, brunch places in the Springs.
1. The Omelet Parlor has a down-to-earth feel with a fantastic selection of breakfast and lunch foods, of course including omelets. They are also one of the only brunch restaurants in town that offer fresh squeezed orange juice! Yum!
2. Adam's Mountain Cafe technically located in Manitou Springs, but we don't care because it has fresh, organic food that will wow your taste buds. This is a perfect place to visit when you want to really sit down and enjoy your time off. Everything is fresh and made to order, so it sometimes takes a little longer than other places, but so worth it!
3. The Margarita at Pine Creek is located near Woodmen Road and I-25 tucked down the driveway in its own pine forest. A destination spot to be sure with live music, farmers market out front on the weekend, patio dining in the summer and fall and a mouth-watering menu to be sure.
4. Bon Tons Cafe also located in Old Colorado City serves breakfast all day. There is a comfortable patio that is wonderful for enjoying brunch during the Summer time. Their cream cheese stuffed french toast is off the charts. Not to mention, their quirky menu is a newspaper with silly headlines and fun reads.
5. The Broadmoor - the hotel itself is legendary with continuous 5-star status and brunch in the Lakeview Terrace Dining room is beyond description. Wrap yourself in luxury and beauty while enjoying a brunch where nothing is left out. Make sure to take a walk and during the holidays check out the gingerbread house found on the second floor of the East side of the hotel off the lake entrance.
6. Brother Luck Street Eats is relatively new to the Springs, but thank goodness it is here. Their breakfast and lunch are very unique but delicious. They also offer organic juice blends such as their "Ginger Splash" featuring ginger, carrot, and honey lemonade. Also, try their "build your own bloody mary" bar.
So next weekend, perhaps surprise your family and go out for brunch. There are certainly places to suit everyone's taste.
About the Author: Kelly Conner Young, GRI
Kelly is an Associate Broker with The Platinum Group Realtors. She has over 15 years experience in Real Estate in the Colorado Springs and Front Range region of Colorado. She represents buyers and sellers of real estate buying homes, land for sale and mountain property getaways. Specific areas include: Black Forest, Broadmoor, Colorado Springs, Divide, Falcon, Downtown, Manitou Springs, Monument, Old Colorado City, Westside, Woodmen Hills and Woodland Park. You can reach her at 719-226-0126 or by clicking "email the author" above.